Friday, April 24, 2015

7 Quick Takes




~1~

Well, it's been 2 weeks since our dossier was submitted, and I will fully admit that I've gone a little nutty. I'm already packing, researching, over-thinking, etc. The good thing about it all is it gives me lots of reasons to pray. I'm praying constantly. I know The Lord will bring us through, but I am not good at waiting. ;)

~2~

Tomorrow is our BIG Family Night for Truman!! I am so excited and nervous. I hope that people have a good time and that it goes smoothly. Pray for us! :)

~3~

I was at Target on Wednesday picking up a few things and we stopped for a snack. An older couple came up to us and said they'd like to pay for our breakfast and handed me $10! It was so very sweet. I do hope they didn't really think popcorn and a pretzel dipped in nacho cheese was our breakfast, though. :)

~4~

After a huge scare with strep (Amelia passing out at school, going to the ER and then 6 more positive diagnoses) last week, we are all, for the most part, feeling much better. I'm still a little under the weather. But I will push through.

Our sweet boy at the doctor's office.

~5~

I have started collecting things I need for Truman. Maks was easy because he was a bigger boy and only really needed sippy cups, diapers, a bed, and clothes. But Truman is only 14 months, so I have a little more I need for him. I am hoping to nurse him once he's home, but until then, we will bottle feed. 

~6~

I asked our stateside coordinator when I should start sleeping with my phone on, and she said in about two weeks. That mean I could have my travel dates in as early as 2 weeks. It will likely be longer, but WOW!! I'm hoping we receive enough time to get ready, and not a few days like some families have received, but I will trust it will all work out.

~7~

I am doing something for our event tomorrow that I lovingly call "Balloon Babies." People have "sponsored" these children to be featured, and they will float on balloons (right at eye level!!!) at our event so that people are faced with these beautiful gifts that are being warehoused. I pray that it will move someone to advocate, pray, or even adopt. Here's a picture:



Happy weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

"If you can't say somethin' nice... don't say nothin' at all..." ~Thumper